Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Beer Night & Buffalo Wing Dip

Ahh Wine Night.  One of my favorite things I share with the girls I grew up with about every 8 weeks.  This week in particular was actually re-named "Beer Night...

A few friends brought over some great snacks - most of them were typical sides for drinking beer - chips, some amazing dips, and veggies. I decided this was a good time for me to try a recipe called Buffalo Wing Dip from ClosetCooking.com.  I've had a dip similar (if not exactly) like this before at a clothing swap and it combined all of the things I love.  Hot sauce, cheese, more hot sauce, and sour cream and cream cheesy goodness.  Healthy - it was not.  I know I probably could have substituted the different cheeses for their ugly red-headed step-child's known as low-fat  - but I am a believer in that some things are meant to be full fat.  Cheese is one of them.


PLUS this was easy enough for me to prepare the night before and leave in the fridge at work for the day with only a little preparation to get it on the table (adding the shredded cheddar and popping it in the oven).


The recipe is super simple and would be a sure crowd pleas-er at any upcoming Superbowl parties you may be attending this weekend.

Buffalo Wing Dip
from ClosetCooking.com
1 cup chicken (cooked and shredded)
4 ounces cream cheese (room temperature)
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup blue cheese
1/4 cup hot sauce
1/4 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)


Mix everything, pour it into a (16 ounce) baking dish and bake in a preheated 350F oven until bubbling and golden brown on top, about 20-40 minutes.  Since I made this for about 10 people I actually doubled the recipe and it was the perfect amount.

I actually forgot to take a picture when it came out of the oven...I got this one halfway through the feast.


As always, hilarity ensued as the night went on.  I really do appreciate my upstate girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment