Thursday, November 11, 2010

Halloween Treats #3 - Yummy Mummy Dip!

Another one from HostessBlog that I had to try.  I don't have a good reason why, but I don’t own a handheld  mixer.  I think the fool in me is holding out for the KitchenAid stand mixer and/or a food processor, but both of those purchases are #1 on the expensive side, and #2 won’t even fit in my kitchen, thus #1 becomes a moot point.  Needless to say, my  version of the dip was only mixed with a spoon so the pieces were on the large side (yes, I could've chopped them more, but this was my boyfriend's job and I didn't want to criticize).  I also didn’t really pay attention to the second paragraph and forgot to set aside some plain cream cheese, so when I was piping my mummy bandages onto my body, it was the same mixture as the rest of the dip.  Aaaand, since I don't have a food processor, and the olives were on the large side, I couldn't even use the tips on my pastry bags.  Oh well! I got a ton of compliments on it, but unfortunately didn’t have a taste of it myself.  People really seemed to love it though so I’ll definitely try it again.  

I added little pieces of black olive as eyes but I forgot to take a picture of it!  It definitely gave it the finishing touch it needed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment