Monday, November 15, 2010

Cheese lovers - it's ok, it's not your fault!

I love cheese, but damn. I just stumbled across this article about some studies that have shown there are trace amounts of morphine in human and cow milk.  The theory goes that the morphine exists in order to help newborns bond with their mother ensuring they get the nutrients they need.

I'm not really sure why this article was written recently as the initial study came out in the early 1980's.  They mention a few other interesting findings that may have come out more recently, including the debated topic of the possible links between dairy products and autism.  I'm a bit of a skeptic at heart, and I'd like to see a bit more (ok, a lot more) research on that topic in particular before I actually believe it, but at least for now the next time my boyfriend looks at me in disgust as I polish off {insert large amount of any dairy product here}, I can tell him I'm addicted and it's not my fault.

via boingboing.net

No comments:

Post a Comment