Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Wedding Fun Wednesdays - 50's Bridal Shower Part 1 - Paper Goods

Me on the left, my amazing MOH and best friend on the right! Polka dot city!!
I may have mentioned this before, but I'm not a huge fan of surprises...I am what you might call an "over-planner".  Excel is my best friend and I make lists for EVERYTHING.  So when I got engaged and the conversations rolled around to planning my bridal shower, I made it clear that I already had ideas and was intent on being involved.

So when years ago I saw this post on Hostess With The Mostess Blog  I saved the link in my trusty excel (Ew, remember when before there was Pinterest you had to do stuff like that?? I try not to think about those dark days.). Fast forward to a few months ago and I shared my idea with my mother, maid of honor, and other bridesmaids.  They liked the idea so we moved forward.

The easiest way to introduce the tone of a themed shower is obviously through the invitations.  There are so many great invitations on Etsy that I had a hard time choosing one, but in the end, we went with these invites from this seller:



These recipe cards and Thank You cards from this seller:


And this message (so there was no doubt about our intentions!) that I just made in Word and printed from home:

The theme of this shower is “50's housewife”. We 
encourage you to dress up in your most happenin’ 
1950's attire!

In lieu of greeting cards, please fill out the enclosed 

recipe card to add to Kayla’s collection of 

trusted recipes.
How cute, right? 

I brought in more color and polka dots by making these little seating cards with some card stock and a Word document with another Anne Taintor picture:
The "T" and "K" I got on clearance at Urban Outfitters

I used some beautiful floral paper with white frames for the table numbers. I simply printed my table numbers in font size 450 (!) and carefully cut out the black numbers, and used a glue stick to stick them onto the patterned paper. Popped it in a frame and voila!
A special thanks to my bridesmaid Eilis for playing photographer for the day and capturing all of these pictures for me!

Next up...favors, attire, games and decor!

No comments:

Post a Comment