Friday, February 4, 2011

New Year's Resolutions...Getting them done!

I had a few pretty realistic (or so I thought) resolutions for 2011.  I'm proud to say I'm slowly checking them off the list, sorta.  Most of them are more life change goals, as opposed to a single event or task.  But I'm getting there!  One of them was getting outside and getting active. I hereby place a penciled check mark next to that one because I am going snowboarding this weekend!

I am pretty terrible at snowboarding.  But like most sports, even though I'm awful, I still have a lot of fun doing it.  Why is it the stuff I love to do is always so expensive?? Hmm...

Part of what makes stuff like this expensive is either a) going out and buying all the gear or b) opting not to buy all the gear and renting it every time.  I think snowboarding is something I'm going to try to do at least once a season, and maybe I'll bite the bullet and buy the stuff I would normally rent.  Two years ago was the snow pants/hats/gloves etc.  Last year was the awesome Sorel winter boots.  This year I'm hoping to trade in my cute white puffy coat for an actual ski jacket.  Next...an actual board??  Who knows.  Slow and steady, right?  Once you own all the goods, the lift ticket doesn't seem so outrageous, right?

So here are some cute things I'm dreaming about while I'm at work....anyone have a slightly used one they want to sell me??




The top two are from Burton.com, and the third is from K2snowboarding.com, and the fourth is from Roxy.com. I love how vibrant they are! They truly are a work of art in themselves. But alas, they are not cheap!  I'll keep dreaming...and keep not doing taxes while at work :-)  

Wish me luck this weekend!  Maybe I'll be an Olympic snowboarder yet and get to quit my day job finally!

No comments:

Post a Comment