Monday, November 29, 2010

Goat Cheese, craisins, and pistachios, oh my!

This is one of the easiest and most elegant appetizers you can serve. Especially around this time of year when you may either find yourself visiting friends and family, or having them stop by you, this recipe is nothing more than having a few goat cheese logs in the fridge and a container of the mixture ready in the cabinet.  


Of course this is another recipe from NoblePig.com.  I love everything she makes!  So the recipe is this: simply chop up equal parts dried cranberries and shelled pistachios (I actually threw them in my magic bullet).  I cut my goat cheese logs into a few discs to get the most surface area. Then simply roll the goat cheese (room temperature) into the mixture, pressing slightly to get it to stick into the cheese.  Ta da! You are all done!  Place on a tray with some crackers and an spreading knife and let your guests tell you what a great hostess you are.

UPDATE: Because I can be a glutton when I want to be, pouring the craisin/pistachio mixture straight down your throat when you don't have any goat cheese on hand is just as amazing.  Just sayin.

No comments:

Post a Comment