Friday, August 15, 2014

Three Weeks {Introducing William Odin!}


Today is supposed to be my due date.  But three weeks ago, our little boy (crap, I never told you I was having a boy! gender reveal/shower posts coming soon...ish) decided to come a little early and throw the sweetest wrench in all of our construction/moving (crap, I never told you we bought a house at the beginning of the summer and we are renovating! posts to come soon...ish) plans.

I won't get into the entire birth story now, but I plan to write about it one day.  The short version is that I am proud to say I was able to deliver the au natural way without any drugs (although right at the end I was screaming for drugs and they told me I could push instead).  It was a pretty crazy experience and I think I'm still processing everything that happened that day. Let's be honest, I'm still processing the fact that I was ever even pregnant and the fact that I'm officially a MOM now, and I have SON. Yikes. Awesome, but Yikes.

William Odin was born on Friday, July 25th, at 11:26 am at St Luke's Roosevelt in Manhattan. He weighed 4 pounds, 12 ounces, and was just over 18 inches long.  They took some extra care with him in the beginning for precautionary measures, but he stabilized well and we were all able to go home together on Sunday morning. He is a our little viking boy and perfectly perfect to us. Even as I gather photos for this post, it is amazing to me to see how much he has changed in just three short weeks. I can't imagine if we had to wait this whole time to meet him.

I think any parent can sympathize when I say that it is extremely intimidating to try to put to words in exactly how many ways our lives have instantly changed.  For all the friends and family that tried to warn me about the utter exhaustion and the inexplicable tears and the unending happiness I would feel, thank you for futile attempts. I finally get it.

Now, back to snuggle time with Captain Adorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment