Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Getting Organized - Sorta



I fight a never-ending battle with the clutter in our middle room.  This weekend I took one step closer to dealing with the mess.  I'm sure you've all seen different uses for over the door pocket organizers.  What was once just for shoes is also great for cleaning supplies in a mud room, bite sized snacks in a pantry, or in my case, craft crap in my middle room. Let's take a closer look at what I managed to squeeze into my 24 pockets, shall we?

My handheld heater for embossing ink, and various embossing powders and  tools
Christmas stampers
Can you ever have too many foam brushes?
Fabric paints and dye, paint brushes, ink pads, and some miscellaneous dollar store finds for a secret project
Bakers twine, raffia, glitter, ribbon, and rope
An array of spray paints, glues, and sealants

I wish I could say adding this eliminated all of my storage and organization needs...but alas, I've still got piles like this in front of the book shelves, and well, the book shelves jam packed with stuff other than books:


And the top drawer of a dresser where we keep our extra towels and sheets looks like this:


I'd like to say a lot of this stuff will be gone after the wedding, but I didn't even take pictures of that side of this tiny room...yeah...it's like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment