Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Holy Gift Baskets, Batman!

I started my career in public accounting and there I stayed for 5 years and 1 day.  It had it's ups and downs, like any job, but I was pretty burnt out by the time I left.  About 5 months ago I left my firm to go to one of my clients, and now I am officially in the private sector.  My firm is a private equity firm dealing in real estate investments worldwide.  The number one best part about my job is the fact that my stress level has gone from an 11 to about a 2 (I am a stress ball at heart, and will always find something to freak out over).

The second best thing about my job is the free food.  The kitchen is regularly stocked with snacks, cereal, oatmeal, fruit, water, soda, and all sorts of coffee and tea choices.  It took me a few weeks to reel in my will power and stop gorging every hour.  I'm much better now...but I'll be damned if they aren' t making it harder this time of year.

Case in point: GIFT BASKETS.


I couldn't even tell you who they are from...brokers? Law firms? Joint venture partners? Do you care?


And every day there are two or three new ones.  There is one guy here who must be getting them delivered specifically to him, and they are just piled up next to his desk.  Share with the rest of us, guy!


The hardest part for me is when we get CHEESE and SAUSAGE. I am dying to break into it, but nobody has opened any of that stuff as of yet.  I still feel too new to get caught being the fatty that does that.  Maybe this time next year...

No comments:

Post a Comment