Thursday, November 18, 2010

Beautiful Beach Wedding!

I love weddings.  I love attending them and seeing what little details the bride picked out.  I usually end up taking more pictures of the table settings than of the bride and groom. Last weekend was no different. The venue was gorgeous, the weather was great (a little chilly at the rehearsal dinner, but I’ll cut her some slack ;-P), and the couple was so happy, all the guests couldn’t help but smile just as brightly. And of course – the little details did not disappoint!!  Here are a couple of my favorites:

Rehearsal Dinner on the Beach with driftwood, shells, and candles.  Love the beach-y striped tablecloth too!




What is an outdoor celebration without a bonfire and s’mores? I have seen this at a few weddings in the past year – must be getting popular!


The invitations to the wedding were gorgeous, and the ceremony’s program kept up the same theme.  It was a bit cool out considering this wedding was in Florida, but I have to imagine that the program was crafted to double as a fan for the guests.


Look at this beautiful awning covered in orchids.  The ceremony took place on a strip of land that jutted out from the beach/pool area.  Since there was water on three sides, I was actually getting a little seasick gazing out into the ocean.


Here is a pretty twist on the linens...shimmering gray rosettes.  Lush and gorgeous! That's also a picture of my three glasses of champagne, hehehe. I have NO IDEA how that happened...


My personal favorite part:  Instead of a standard guest book, they had a canvas with a tree drawn on it.  With a few different ink pads laid out, they encouraged their guests to “leaf” their thumbprint and sign their name.  Of course we turned ours into little birds kissing smack dab in the middle. My boyfriend can be pretty romantic when he wants to be :-D. (Unfortunately, my picture came out blurry but I found this example on Etsy.)


Great couple, great wedding, great time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment