Wednesday, October 27, 2010

My Little Street Robot

Well, he isn't mine, but I'd like to think he is...he says hello every morning as I run past him into my office, and goodbye every night as I wait to cross Madison Avenue.  While in general I find destruction of private property (are NYC streets considered private?) disappointing and grotesque, there is some street art I can get behind.  I'm not sure where the line is drawn in my mind other than, I know it when I see it.  Banksy is a favorite of mine. Check out his mock-umentary film called Exit Through the Gift Shop - we saw it at the Sunshine Theater and it was great - gave a good history of street art, had some surprisingly funny moments, and was overall entertaining.  I also love the view of all the graffiti on the rooftops of the buildings in Chinatown that you can see coming over the Manhattan Bridge from Brooklyn into the city. How did these people get up there? Anyway, I really enjoy it.  And I really like my little street robot.

No comments:

Post a Comment